COVID-19-Related Claims Attorneys in Los Angeles
Over 40 Years of Dedication to Our Clients
With the spread of COVID-19 around the world, nearly every industry is facing unprecedented times. Businesses are forced to close as customers are asked to social distance and stay home; employers are sending their workers home, some of them for the first time ever. Even federal trucking companies have relaxed regulations so their employees can transport essential medical supplies quickly. Personal injury claims are also affected by uncertainty during this time. There are a variety of situations in which an injured individual may be able to file a COVID-19-related personal injury claim.
If you’re currently suffering from injuries or illnesses caused by negligence, don’t wait until it’s too late to seek the compensation you deserve. Our Los Angeles attorneys can help you navigate the claims process and recover damages that have been caused by negligence during the pandemic. At the Law Offices of Hinden & Breslavsky, APC, we’re dedicated to aiding the injured and ill in their time of need.
Contact us online or by phone at (323) 553-7560 to gain the advice of a team that has successfully recovered more than $900 million in damages for clients in Los Angeles and throughout California.
Potential COVID-19-Related Cases
With a background in workers’ compensation and personal injury, our attorneys are committed to helping our clients ease their suffering through aggressive advocacy. There are a variety of instances in which individuals and families can fall ill or become injured that relate to our ongoing crisis.
Workers' Compensation cases that can arise during this time as a result of COVID-19 include:
- Working from home: Many are working from home due to the stay at home measures in California. It's important to know that while you are working from home and are injured, you can be compensated. These injuries are not limited to common work injuries such as carpal tunnel from an unusual ergonomic workspace, but can result from tripping over your own animal. Simply because you are working at home does not mean you are ineligible for compensation.
COVID-19 at work: While many Americans have been sent home by employers to work remotely,
there is still a large group of workers that must continue to work on-site.
Increasing the chances of not only catching coronavirus and possible death,
but its overall impact on your health. Individuals with some of the underlying
health conditions below could see their health issues worsen.
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- High Blood Pressure
- And other underlying health conditions
Additional cases as a result of COVID-19 include:
- Cruise ship liability: Many individuals who have contracted COVID-19 were traveling on a cruise ship at the time of infection, and may be able to file a lawsuit against the cruise ship company if they can prove the company failed to protect the safety of their passengers. Already there have been several instances in which infected passengers were not separated from healthy passengers within a reasonable amount of time.
- Nursing home negligence: Some of the most vulnerable people when it comes to illness are elderly individuals, and nursing homes have not been spared during the pandemic. The coronavirus can travel quickly in nursing homes if staff are negligent in their safety procedures. Individuals can file a claim on behalf of their loved ones if they can show that the facility was negligent, whether in their inability to keep their facility sanitized or failure to notify residents about potential risks.
- Wrongful death: Families of victims who have passed away as a result of negligence are able to file wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf. In addition to receiving the compensation the victim may have received had they been alive, families can also recover damages including funeral and burial expenses.
High Risk Occupations For Contracting COVID-19
- First Responders
- Police Officers
- Healthcare Workers
- Social Workers
- Probation Officers
- Prison Guards
- Parole Officers
- Convalescent & Senior Living Staff
- Bus and Transportation Workers
- Grocery and Convenience Store Personnel
- Warehouse Workers
- Delivery Drivers
What are Workers’ Comp Benefits?
Workers’ compensation benefits exist to help workers financially after they’ve been injured while on the job; whether that is at home working during this pandemic, driving while on the job or while in the office. It provides coverage for medical expenses, missed wages during recovery, compensation for fatal injuries, and lawsuits related to work injuries. Being injured at home or falling sick due to COVID-19 is no different.
Not all people who fall ill to the COVID-19 will qualify for State Disability and/or Workers' Compensation. A minor exposure without any permanent disability or a person that was exposed outside of work probably will not have a Workers' Compensation claim. But, a worker who was exposed at work and suffers a serious illness, hospitalization and in extreme cases death, would have a valid Workers' Compensation claim and potential death benefits for their spouse and dependents.
COVID-19 Claim Denied?
Just because your COVID-19 claim has denied, doesn’t mean your injuries can’t be covered. Many employers and their insurance companies will do everything they can to avoid having to pay their employees benefits after an accident, including denying that your injuries occurred on the job. Our experienced attorneys can investigate your claim and gather the evidence we need to hold your employer responsible.
For all COVID-19-related claims, call our Los Angeles attorneys at (323) 553-7560. You never know if you may be eligible to seek compensation unless our team of professionals assesses your situation.
We offer services in English, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew & Farsi.
Our team will vigorously advocate on your behalf so that you can put all of your attention into your health.
When we represent you, all of our dedicated professionals will be behind your case.
Experience & Dedication
With more than three decades of experience, we know what strategies are most effective for obtaining maximum compensation for our clients.